Effective: October 1, 2017
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Pages, BOSF and its service providers may collect personal information that you provide, such us your name, address, email address, and payment information. “Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable person.
In addition, BOSF and its service providers use a variety of techniques to gather other information about your use of the Pages, including, among other things, your IP address, browser type, mobile device type, content visited while on the Pages, and the duration of your visit to the Pages. “Other Information” refers to any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
BOSF and its service providers collect Personal Information that you provide while using the Pages. For instance, BOSF gathers information when you fill out forms on the Pages, including, for example, e-newsletter sign-up forms, donation forms, adoption forms, etc.
We and our service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- We use “cookies” to help us monitor traffic and collect information about use of the Pages. Cookies are pieces of data placed on your device when you visit the Pages that help us recognize you when you come back to the Pages, allowing us, for instance, to remember the email address and password you use when you log in on a specific computer. BOSF uses the aggregated information collected from cookies to measure the number of visits to the Pages, the average time spent on the Pages, the identity and number of pages viewed, and to gather other traffic data and information that allows us to improve the Pages.
- BOSF also uses a variety of third-party web and mobile application analytics and optimization services to improve the Pages and enhance the visitor experience. For example, the Pages use web analytics services that may record mouse clicks, mouse movements, scrolling activity, text you type in the Pages, and similar activity. The Pages do not use these services to collect any personally indetifiable information not otherwise provided by you in using the Pages, and they do not track your browsing habits across other third-party websites on our behalf.
- We may collect your IP address, which is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Pages, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP addresses is a common practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as helping diagnose server problems and administering the Pages.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
BOSF use Personal Information to:
- Respond to inquiries and fulfill your request, such as to process donations, adoptions, merchandise, renew your membership, or send you information about the mission and activities of the organisation, as well as to provide membership services.
- Personalize your interactions with BOSF, such as email content based on your interest, send you request to participate in events in your area and otherwise target content and communications to you.
- Send you an information about BOSF and/or BOSF partners.
- Send administrative information to you, such as information regarding the Pages and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- For our internal purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and operating and expanding our activities.
Your Personal Information may be disclosed to:
- our partners and service providers.
- our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, and other similar services.
- by you, on message boards, chat, profile pages, blogs, and other services to which you are able to post information and materials. Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public and may be available to users of the Pages and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your Personal Information, or any other information, on the Pages.
We may also use and disclose your Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we may use it for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information. If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR DATA
HOW TO CORRECT OR UPDATE YOUR DATA
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your Personal Information. Or you can request a correction be made to your Personal Information by emailing us to: email@example.com
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact Information” section below.
BORNEO ORANGUTAN SURVIVAL FOUNDATION
Jl. Papandayan No. 10 Bogor 16151
WEST JAVA, INDONESIA